Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The conditonals and inversions are always confusing to me

Grammers
(continued..)

Present situations
  • If I were you, I would marry her.
  • I wish I were you.
  • If we were to do that, we would be rich.
  • Were she my sister, I would not let her go.
  • If I didn't have to prepare for the exam, I would definitely go.
  • If it weren't for you, I would not be here.
Past situations
  • If I had been to the class, I would have (would've) known that.
  • If he had left the pub earlier, he would have met you.
  • I wish I had worked harder.
  • She missed the unborn children that would have made her complete.
Mixed
  • If you had accepted the job at that time, you would be a manager by now.
  • If I weren't going abroad next year, I would have accepted the job offer last year. (I would accept the job now)
  • If it weren't for you, I wouldn't have gone through all these trouble.

No comments: